- Basement Waterproofing Sealers
- Brick Waterproofing Sealers
- Cement Sealer Waterproof
- Clear Waterproof Sealer
- Clear Waterproofing Sealers
- Concrete Sealer Waterproof
- Concrete Waterproof Sealer
- Concrete Waterproofing Sealers
- Epoxy Waterproof Sealer
- Masonry Waterproofing Sealers
- Waterproof Acrylic Sealer
- Waterproof Brick Sealer
- Waterproof Cement Sealer
- Waterproof Concrete Sealer
- Waterproof Epoxy Sealer
- Waterproof Fabric Sealer
- Waterproof Grout Sealer
- Waterproof Masonry Sealer
- Waterproof Mastic Sealer
- Waterproof Paint Sealer
- Waterproof Pva Sealer
- Waterproof Sealer For Concrete
- Waterproof Sealer For Metal
- Waterproof Sealer For Wood
- Waterproof Sealer
- Waterproof Sealers
- Waterproof Tile Sealer
- Waterproof Wood Sealer
- Waterproofing Grout Sealers
- Wood Sealer Waterproof
Waterproof Fabric Sealer
When it comes to facing the elements of nature, even the toughest fabrics out there fumble and become ruined. One of those elements which really take a toll on fabrics of all kind is water. This is the reason why waterproof fabric sealers are required. Waterproof fabric sealers are used not only for providing protection against damage, but also to waterproof tents, hiking boots, etc and for a number of other uses. There are several organizations which manufacture and market these sealers. Let us take a look at a few of them and see what is being offered in the market.
Nikwax Waterproofing Sealer
Nikwax is a waterproofing sealer that is manufactured by Seattle Fabrics. The product is suited for the purpose of waterproofing garments, tents, camping gear, etc. Nikwax products come either as a direct spray or as a wash-in. Wash in agents can be applied by using a normal washing machine, whereas spray on consists of an aerosol that can be directly sprayed to provide protection.
The waterproofing action of the agent can be described as follows:
- Nikwax treated material, due to the presence of the agent leads to minimization of contact surface between water molecules and the fabric. This leads to beading of water on the surface.
- When force gets applied on the water beads due to hard rain, the water droplets change shape but are not allowed by Nikwax to enter the surface.
- Also since Nikwax makes the fibers water resistant, the water beads are repelled away, thus enabling the protective mechanism.
Nanoprotex Textile Sealant
Nanoprotex Textile sealant is a specially designed high quality sealant that is generally used for the purpose of waterproofing sofas and upholstery furniture. Apart from this, the sealer is used for the purpose of providing water resistant capabilities to car seat covers, seats of motorhomes, motorcycles, etc.
The advantage of using Nanoprotex is that once applied on the textile or fabric surface it forms a microscopic nanoparticle layer on the surface which protects each and every fiber of the fabric from water, dirt or any other liquid substrate. Apart from this, another advantage of using this sealer is that it is environmentally safe and is non-toxic in nature.
Star Brite Waterproofing & Fabric Treatment
Star Brite waterproofing & fabric treatment agent is basically a spray on type waterproofing agent. It can be used for waterproofing boat covers, sails, tents, clothing, etc. The advantage of using this is that it has no effect on the feel of the fabric on which it is moved. Also apart from making the fabric water resistant that sealer adds a protective coating to the fabric thus increasing the life of the fabric in the process.
These are some of the waterproof fabric sealer that are available in the market these days. The one thing that needs to be taken care of while purchasing a fabric sealer is to keep a check whether the sealer is compatible with the kind of fabric that you want to protect. If this has been done, then sealing the fabric would not be a difficult task.